Help bonnet front end question

Go down

Help bonnet front end question

Post  evlin64 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Background Evlin 1964 Elf whent into South Lakes Mini Center April 2010 for referb delays with front end supplied intialy should have been back in May this year still not made to body shop and was told tonight that a bonnet I supplied in March does not fit details below

Well I am having further problems with SLMC just managed to get into night after work to pic up some chrome trim as storing in my garage all new/recon spares not expecting to see Evlin she was still their.
The owner in his worst customer service attitude informed me that the bonnet I brought in in March and was not used to line the new front end up
(Evlins original bonnet was used which has been filled at the front end you can now see it coming through the rust)
but sat under the bench were I left it was small/wrong shape on the passengers side at the front edge of the wing just above the front panel and his conclusion was that it had been repaired badly.
I dropped them in another bonnet I had which is not bad but does have some rust on the front edge, It is defiantly not as good as the first one I gave them.

My conclusion is the Bonnet I supplied in March has not had any repairs as I stripped it back to bare metal and there was no filler sign of welding as I used a rust protection paint to prime the bonnet before I gave it to SLMC and that they should have used this bonnet while fitting the front end and that the second bonnet supplied will be similar as also no repairs have previously been carried out on it

What do you think
I will try and get into tomorrow night after work but not always possible

Cheers

Lindsay

evlin64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help bonnet front end question

Post  Big_Al_Smith on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:09 pm

sounds like they've had problems and not given you a particularly great service - not a glowing recommendation for them then! hope you get it sorted
Big_Al_Smith

View user profile http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  evlin64 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks Yes
16 months is a long time and I have missed the summer now
We are having a planning meeting Saturday morning
Bascially as I see it it is poor comunication and customer service something I feel that should be extra important when dealing with classic cars and there owners

evlin64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum