Quickshift

Go down

Quickshift

Post  Stuart B on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am

Hi

Has anyone tried a Quickshift gearchange ?

It seems that there are " cheap " ones and KAD ones - has anyone experience of either of these ?

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quickshift

Post  paulsminis on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Several years ago, I tried the KAD one in my 67 S. It did shorten the shift by a very noticeable degree. It also increased the shifting effort a bit. I never felt comfortable with it ans sold it on after about 6 months of trying to get used to it. I simply prefer the feeling of the stock shifter. See if you can find someone nearby that has one installed and see if they will let you give it a try.

Paul
paulsminis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zef on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:59 pm

We have one (KAD) in our Mini. The stiffness can be removed by slacking off the knurled nut the gear lever goes through and then using locktight to keep it there. They would be better described as a short shift. The travel is less but if you rush the change your gearbox won't thank you.
Zef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  smiler on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi there
I ma running the quickshift from KAD, along with their internal gearchange conversion kit for a rod change box. It has been superb until recently, when the car kept jumping out of gear once selected. I got in touch with KAD, who asked me to send the stick in to them, as it had lost a snap ring, allowing the lower bush on the stick to move. They sorted this, and sent the stick back all for no charge. So all in all, great piece of kit, and great aftersales service

smiler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum