This is hank my 1968 mk3 hornet

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any recent work done?

Post  RehctELF on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Hello Halfpenny, Any news on your project? I am waiting to see any progress you may have as I think the photo's posted so far are amazing and I admire your resolve. Would love to see any new pics or even some different angles on the work you have done so far. (Never mind the rain) Keep up the good work and post soon.
Cheers
Gary

RehctELF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is hank my 1968 mk3 hornet

Post  halfpenny68 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi Gary
We have had to put hank on the back burner for a while as money has run out and other things have taken priority we are hopping to get the covers off him in the next couple of weeks and get the inner wing pannles welded in properly and finnish off the bnnet repaires will upload some pics of any progress made soon cheers.

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

fitting the inner wing

Post  halfpenny68 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Well its taken some time but we uncovered Hank today as the sun was shining task for the day make a patch for the bulkhead closing pannle and also fit the front part of the inner wing. sorry for the dodgy looking welds i have been trying out gasless wire been struggling a lil but with a lil grind back thay come up ok. This is how todays work turned out.

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

over the last week i have fitted the inner flinch wing pannle and braced the posts for floor and sill replacment

Post  halfpenny68 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm

well time for the osf rear part of inner wing 1st off i drilled out the door hinge holes and bolted it to the door jam so i could move it around and line it up propper

when lined ip i removed the door a pannle and wing so i could drill and plug weld the pannle in place at the moment the bottom of the pannle is not welded in place as the floor pan is comming out

due to previous owner being over exited with the grinders and cutting tools we are having to use a patch of steel to join the new pannle to the original pannle. not i have only patched the upper section at the moment leaving the lowwer section free to move in and out to line the floor up at a later date then we will weld the lowwer section in place

inner wing in primer hank is looking much better now the inner wing is in place

now this section is complete i have welded in some box section between the A and B posts and to the trans tunnel to help hold hank together when i cut the complete silles, x member and floor pan out

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Al_Smith on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Nice one, every hole filled is one less to do. Very Happy
Big_Al_Smith

View user profile http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/bigalsmith_photos/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfpenny68 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:04 am

Thats one way to look at it
At this rate i am going to need a new welder tho. Think this one is on its last legs Sad

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  halfpenny68 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:20 pm

time to remove the os sill and floor pans so far i have removed the inner sill befor the weather turned on me Crying or Very sad to my suprise the inner sill had been relaced badly having 5-6 tack welds and a lot of silicone holding it to the car so dint take long to remove here are a few befor pics havnt got pics of it removed as it rained hehe

if weather is good after work tomorow i will be cutting the rest of the sill off fingers crossed

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

inner sill work

Post  halfpenny68 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 am

another update

after grinding down the door bin seams the lowwer b post / rear sill section fell out Sad
so today i have tacked the top sill in place so i can line up the inner sill

i have made a plate out of steel and welded it to the rear section of the new inner sill so the sill will go from the front of hank all the way to the back as it shuld as seen in pics i have overlaped the plate alot to add strengh to the seatbelt mounting nut

im hoping to have this tacked into place soon and then i will have to buy some new pannles

front floor
rear floor
x member
x member/ jacking point pannle

once i have these and get them lined up and tacked in i will then gas weld all the pannles in place making the hank solid again here are todays pics

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

parts bought

Post  halfpenny68 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

qwick update we have just been to wantage to collect some hornet spares for hank the list consists of

a pair of bumpers slight pitting
a bonnet one repair needed
3 main grill serounds 2 in really good condition other 2 have slight dents
4 grill inserts couple good ones and 2 with bent bars
3 light up wolseley badges one cracked tho
1 bonnet spear broke on journy home Sad
good steering wheel
6 W stamped hubcaps in good condition for age
brand new chrome roof areal
nos steering wheel center
3 overriders some pitting
metal air filter housing
boot badges
1 no plate light
proper chrome fuel cap
and a set of 3.5x10" steel wheels freshly powder coated

and today we managed to get a set of waist band chrome for th sides also came with the door pocket chrome caps

so happy we got alot of this as its the harder stuff to come by still its no good until i get the body work and floors sorted so we must order up the floor pans hehe

halfpenny68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top