OK, I couldn't resist it!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OK, I couldn't resist it!

Post  asahartz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Being an Elf addict and a musician of sort, this section was like a red rag to a bull!

So, a few links from me:

This, for better or worse, is my pop video. Yes, me doing the singing and playing. If you can call it singing (some don't!).

There is some video of me performing live on stage, but we'll let those pass for now...

My daughter, OTOH, is a good singer with some gigging experience, she performed at the Bloodstock festival last year. Since then, she's changed bands - this is one of them: Hanging Valleys on Myspace. She has another band too, but they haven't put any recordings up yet.

Although her old band have replaced her, they haven't yet replaced her recordings on their website, so if you'd like to hear a good piece of "female-fronted metal" (!), have a look at Keltic Jihad on Myspace
asahartz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OK, I couldn't resist it!

Post  asahartz on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Last weekend we (my girls and I) went to our annual gig. This, basically, is an evening arranged by a group of people through an internet newsgroup, uk.music.guitar, and the idea is that people arrange their songs beforehand and learn their bits, but nobody actually meets and plays together before the night. This could of course be a recipe for disaster, and true, there are one or two, but the majority turn out superbly.

So here are a couple of tunes I played on, though I'm out of shot and the video quality is pretty grim as there was no light.

Skunk Anansie - I can dream - this featuring my eldest, Holly, on vocals, and falls into the latter category.

Muse - Starlight - also with Holly on vocals, plus my youngest, Linzie, on keys. This falls into the near-disaster category as Holly missed some words out.

She's usually pretty good with words as she gigs regularly, so if you like some quality rock, have a listen to her with her band The Glass Gods
asahartz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zef on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm

I LOVE the video and the song. As the owner of 6 pet Ferrets I have a liking for all things Fert and that is no exception. cheers
Zef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  asahartz on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 am

I don't have a real ferret (my wife has 10 rabbits so maybe not the best idea!) but my daughter bought me a cuddly ferret for my birthday!
asahartz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top