Racing Elf

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Racing Elf

Post  ELF SCARE on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:04 am

" />
yes Phil it it is silverstone. 1st big run out in my mini did not get home till 1 in the morning happy day,s
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:31 pm

That was a great weekend in Silvertone.. on the evening after the show I went for a spin on the track, me and one of the lads from Mini Spares. We were just crusing around the track when some guy in a Tuned Mini came and overtook the Elf, my wife and the shop forman were standing on my trailer watching,,,I did not see the other Mini coming until he was passing me, my wife just laughed and said watch this to the forman....I put my foot down and passed the other Mini in a few seconds and disapeared off into the distance, I was sponsered by Mini Spares the year after.

At the moment I am having the drawings of the new chassis looked over by a very good car builder/engineer just to make sure all is ok.( fingers crossed)
I have almost got most of the parts I need to start the rebuild, Cage, Steel, Engine, Turbo, hubs and uprights etc just going to sort out one final main part on the weekend then its all systems go.

Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ELF SCARE on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:06 pm

XR2 XR3 RS TURBO and all that went past in the 80,s was victims i only had 90 BHP at the wheels the cop,s had to catch you to put paints on your licence happy day,s
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 am

Yes lucky no cameras around then I had close to 200bhp and used to race anything...lol great times.
But thats the reason I will not run a competition car on the road anymore, my Pulsar had 400 and could lose your licence in a few seconds..so only fast cars for track use, and next road car build will be a cruiser... but have to finish the Elf first.
Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hi there Phil

Post  boris710 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi Phil,  just thought I would let you know that I've just bought a 69 Elf  (standard car!) and that you may remember me from last year when I came and collected a 12" steel wheel from you - I was in my 71 red MGB Roadster at the time. Cool  
Joined this forum only recently and recognised the Bracpan name ! Wink  May catch up with you locally at some events over the summer (if we ever get one that is !!!) sunny
boris710

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:41 pm

Who could forget a lovely MGB like that...great to hear you have joined the Elf Brigade. I know where to go now if I need any moulds done of the body work..lol ( Joking) Look forward to seeing the car is it up and running ? Keep in touch.
Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  boris710 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 pm

Hahaha! Very Happy

Keeping it "standard" (mostly!) but making it more reliable as I go along (I hope !)
At the moment its "off the road " till next month which gives me a chance to carry out a few "mods" Wink Rolling Eyes Laughing
affraid
boris710

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Oppologies for not being on latley, computer died big time and lost all contacts etc, luckily I had backed up all the drawings and plans for the car..
Chassis is comming on slowley, main floor and cage is done and tacking on the front this weekend if all goes to plan.
So many things to sort out on a build like this but getting there. Will post photo's once it looks more like a car.

Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ELF SCARE on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:50 pm

we like photos at least i do Very Happy
had a little play with my elf BMW grills and fenced in[img][/img] indicators
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Thats looking nice and smooth, cool..
Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Chassis is well underway, having it checked on the weekend by a scrutineer to make sure all is ok before the main welding starts.
Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ELF SCARE on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:23 pm

got some photo,s r is it top secret
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:50 pm

I will release a series of pics of the build when its close to completion as it is a secret. I just wish I could work quicker as I tend to think a lot about every single tube and location... its 90% planning and the 10% cutting and fitting.
All I can say is it will be 1.3 Turbo again but should be a lot quicker this time around Twisted Evil ...and very very low.
Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ELF SCARE on Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:09 pm

OK will have to wait i must have spent 10 years stairing at mine welding up brackets and cutting them off because i was not happy with the way it look,t if i had not tuck beer in the garage it never wood have got finished if they ever do lol .good luck with the build
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ELF SCARE on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:13 pm

how,s it going Phil any updates on the little red booster ?
ELF SCARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bracpan on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:00 am

It is moving on, been working on the body ready to take the new moulds from,,,,the new wheel arches are a challenge to say the least. They have moved well up the body and much wider, but i want them to look like the originals so taking a bit longer. Just wish i had more time in the day but hope to go part time soon so that should help.
Once the moulds are made i will have to do a mock-up build to make sure all is ok then get he chassis painted...then its finalise the body panels.
Then wiring plumbing and working out the cooling of the engine and turbo....intercooler or charge cooler ? Will get there in the end im sure.

Bracpan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top