MK II Hornet Colours

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MK II Hornet Colours

Post  soupdragon on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Folks..
Does anyone have a definitive guide as to the correct colours offered by BMC for the MK II Hornet? I have the 1965 MK II Brochure, but I'm not sure it's right. For example the brochure offers Toga white, with either a maroon roof, or a Trafalgar blue roof. It does not offer a Trafalgar blue car with a white roof. BUT...that's what the photo is of on the front of the brochure...! Did they do blue with a white roof, or was it white with blue? Or both?
My car is coming apart now, and I fancy a colour change, but it has (for me) to be a correct colour combination for the year.
Is there anywhere that has a definitive guide, that includes trim colours & carpet colours etc, like there are plenty of for the Mini? If someone has the information, can they pop it on here somewhere for restorers to benefit from?
Perhaps it might be easier to ask members to provide a survey of their cars, so we can build a definitive guide based on known cars?
Thanks, I'd appreciate your input.

Last edited by soupdragon on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
soupdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MK II Hornet Colours

Post  Red Riley on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 am

There is a color guide posted somewhere on the forum. I'll have a look.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  soupdragon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:12 am

Great; thanks. I had a look, but couldn't find anything. Maybe there should be a 'sticky' somewhere with restoration info on it. Maybe if people post information up about it, I can organize it somehow so we can all use it...?
Great to see the cars being enjoyed on your side of the pond.

Last edited by soupdragon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling (again!))
soupdragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top