Heritage Certificate Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heritage Certificate Help

Post  RileyUSMan on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

Cool news, I am buying a Wolseley Hornet, the seller is calling it a 1969 but the Heritage Certificate says:

Date(s) built 2 October 1967

Date despatched 21 October 1968

So does that mean it is really a 1967 because it was built in 1967?

Thanks-

RileyUSMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Certificate Help

Post  TONYELF on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Thats what it says!
It has probably been standing in a holding yard waiting for a buyer or order from a Dealer to display in his showroom.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but that my opinion.

TONYELF
Admin

View user profile http://www.miniaddicts.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:08 pm

The way I understand it, cars in the UK were titled or registered or what ever it's called, from the date that they were registered, not when they they were built. So by our (US) standards it's a 67 but may not be UK registered as such.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:52 pm

He's going for the US title should I have him title it as a 1967, oppinion?
RileyUSMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Probably depends on what ever it was registered as before. Not a good idea to get the DMV rattled or they can make it a real hassle.
Famous last words: "I think this title/registration/VIN etc, is wrong. What do I need to do to change it?" affraid
If it was registered as a 69, I'd let it ride that way. You can still show people the heritage certificate, plus it gives you something to talk about at car shows.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RileyUSMan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 pm

The good news is it hasn't been titled in the USA yet so I can essentially pick the year, I want it to be correct....
RileyUSMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobBFG on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 pm

My Elf is the same. Built at the end of May 66, delivered to a show room at the beginning of June 66, and finally first registered in February 67. This has left me with a 67 registration plate on a 66 car. Just to add to the confusion the factory stopped making Mk2s and switched to Mk3s late in 66. So my Elf is a Mk2, but the reg would suggest a Mk3.

Personally I would suggest you show the DMV the certificate and let them make up their own mind. After all it must be a reasonably common occurrence that a new car sat around for a while between building and first reg.
RobBFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:27 pm

RobBFG wrote:Personally I would suggest you show the DMV the certificate and let them make up their own mind.  After all it must be a reasonably common occurrence that a new car sat around for a while between building and first reg.

Not in The States. I don't think there is such a thing as an unregistered car. I believe that they are registered at the factory before they are shipped out to the dealer.

Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heritage Certificate Help :

Post  David2010 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:59 pm

I can confirm the position concerning the manufacure date versus the date of first registration.
My Mk.I Elf was registered for the first time ever in N.Ireland on 2nd January 1963.
There is no way it was manufactured in 1963 as all manufacturers would have shut down their facilities to take seasonal holidays at end of December 62.
My Elf was therefore made in 1962 or was it ? You see the Fisholow plate says R 248 - a very early low number. Could it be that my Elf was made in
1961 but, as others have reported, was left in the Riley U.K. distributors yard for maybe 6 or 7 months before being exported to N.Ireland.
Perhaps I too should apply for a Heritage Certificate and find out what the records show ?
David2010
David2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:02 pm

The Heritage certificate is a nice thing to have. Mine says that Kreacher left the factory on May 14 and was at the dealership on May 15, 1968. (My 9th birthday)

Red Riley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top