halogen headlights mk3 Hornet 1967

View previous topic View next topic Go down

halogen headlights mk3 Hornet 1967

Post  patanddavid2000 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:01 pm

I am trying to obtain a set of halogen headlights. The original headlights are standard 7" Lucas, with a bulb in the centre. On the reflector there is a small circle of clear glass, about 1" diameter. Through this clear circle of glass a small bulb, which is attached externally to the headlight socket, illuminates through the headlight unit when the side lights are switched on. Can anyone tell me where I might buy a set?

patanddavid2000

View user profile http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: halogen headlights mk3 Hornet 1967

Post  Red Riley on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 pm

You want to replace the original style lamps with Halogen ones? If so, look for the WIPAC Quadoptic H-7 type lamps. They are sold at all of the major Mini suppliers in version for Euro, Non-Euro, Left had and right hand drive. I've got a set of the left hand drive oines with sidelights on my car and they are great.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Many thanks for your advice.

Post  patanddavid2000 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Red Riley wrote:You want to replace the original style lamps with Halogen ones? If so, look for the WIPAC Quadoptic H-7 type lamps. They are sold at all of the major Mini suppliers in version for Euro, Non-Euro, Left had and right hand drive. I've got a set of the left hand drive oines with sidelights on my car and they are great.

patanddavid2000

View user profile http://patanddavid2000@yahoo.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Halogen headlights :

Post  David2010 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:09 am

I came across 7" halogen headlights in a N.Ireland motor factors in 2009 & I bought a boxed pair for a reasonable £ 37.00.

The lenses are flat (excellent light projection) are marked H4 and the lamps have the additional small parking light bulb inside.

I should also mention that they carry the " Autopal " brand & are made in India  - this manufacturer claims to be the World's largest manufacturer of 7"

lamps. Excellent quality / very good value.

David2010.
David2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: halogen headlights mk3 Hornet 1967

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top