Looking for a right side door

Go down

Looking for a right side door

Post  bobafet1 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Anyone have a right side door in good condition? I have a 69 Elf and located in CA. Please send me a message if you have something.

bobafet1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looking for a right side door

Post  Red Riley on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Mk I- II, or III?  
Edit: Nevermind, I just re-read it's a 69.

Is your door missing completely or could it be repaired and re-skinned? As rare as they are especially in the States, if you have something to start with, you'd be ahead of the game to keep it and fix it.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bobafet1 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Red Riley wrote:Mk I- II, or III?  
Edit: Nevermind, I just re-read it's a 69.

Is your door missing completely or could it be repaired and re-skinned? As rare as they are especially in the States, if you have something to start with, you'd be ahead of the game to keep it and fix it.

It can be re-skinned and repaired however the cost to have someone do it is quite high. I was hoping that I got lucky with someone having one in a garage locally. Looks like I don't have a choice.

bobafet1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm

I have a pair in my garage in South Carolina, which is where they are staying until I either use them on my own car or someone offers me way too much money for them.
Depending on where you are in California, I would think that either Graham at Heritage or Mini Mania could help with re-skinning a door. If not someone else around there. Have you contacted any of the Mini clubs in California to see if they could steer you in the right direction?

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bobafet1 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 am

Red Riley wrote:I have a pair in my garage in South Carolina, which is where they are staying until I either use them on my own car or someone offers me way too much money for them.
Depending on where you are in California, I would think that either Graham at Heritage or Mini Mania could help with re-skinning a door. If not someone else around there. Have you contacted any of the Mini clubs in California to see if they could steer you in the right direction?

Yep, Graham is who I was referring to in my other thread. He sold me a skin but doesn't have someone that could have repaired the door. I may just have to search for a decent metal guy to fix the door.

bobafet1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum