Beer Beer Beer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beer Beer Beer

Post  Red Riley on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Do you have Samuel Smith's beers on the shelves in the UK or are they just exported to the US? Their beers are quite good and I feel like they have a very consistent quality. I picked up an Organic Cider yesterday because I had never tried that one, and I'm not usually a fan of cider. Most of the ones I've had in the past have been too sweet or too heavy or too high in alcohol content or just nasty (Woodchuck cider comes to mind). I was quite impressed with the Samuel Smith's Cider and I'll pick up a few more next time I'm in the specialty beer shop. I also like the Nut Brown Ale, the IPA, the Organic Lager, the Tadcaster Porter and the Oatmeal Stout.

I also picked up a Speckled Hen "Hen's Tooth" which I haven't tried yet. Maybe I'll have it for lunch today.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Beer Beer Beer

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Oh sam smiths! beautiful.
Whenever i head up to middlesboro, or york i have to savour the fine taste of their pure brewed lager. absolutely lovely and kicks the nuts out that uniquely belgian beer (brewed in england) stella acid tasting shXt.
sadly like you i have trouble in finding beverage houses that supply it, i cant get it here in essex, but you can get it off the net i believe, (my nearest sam smiths local is in london, 42 miles away, and at london prices).. Crying or Very sad
good luck!

Back to top Go down

Beer

Post  Zef on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 pm

I used to live about 10miles from Tadcaster. I've driven past the brewery a few times. You can see it from the A64 on your way to Leeds from York.
Zef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  catmint on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:09 pm

if you can find it, try getting hold of some Black Sheep ales - the best bitter is the milder form, going up to rigwelter which is quite strong, but just as tasty

I can see an honorary Yorkshire man in the making here

Enjoy

Catmint

catmint

View user profile http://www.catmint.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm

I have had the Black Sheep ales, but the one I like the best (for obvious reasons) in this one

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top