Central locking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Central locking

Post  Thranduil on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi, Does anyone know of a kit to put central locking into an Elf?

Thranduil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Central locking

Post  TONYELF on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Try evil bay. (Not something I would put on a mini, there is enough to go wrong without adding more!)
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__central%20locking%20mini_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_dmdZ2QQ_frdlpwlZ1QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ1QQ_vcZ1?rvr_id=&rawquery=central+locking+mini&keyword=central+locking+mini&crlp=495851531_225916&tt_encode=raw

TONYELF
Admin

View user profile http://www.miniaddicts.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RobBFG on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 am

I have a Wood and Picket kit that was in my Cooper. Having got past the hard work of installing it, I didn't have a problem during the year and a half it was installed. I was able to fully retrive the kit from the wreck with the thought of installing it in my next Mini, however I now have a MkII Elf so I can't use it as it's intended for the wind-up window Mini doors. Would I be right in assuming that the lock mechanism in a MkIII Elf/Hornet is the same as the Mini's?
RobBFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Riley on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 am

I believe that would be an incorrect assumption. I've only ever seen my Elf, so don't know if they're all the same. Come to think, I should take a look at the extra set of doors I've got in the back of the garage. Funny I never thought of that.
But anyway, there's no locking lever on my doors, you just pull back on the latch handle to lock them. I don't think that Minis are the same, since I've seen pictures of Mini doors with a locking lever on the door panel. Not sure what the difference would be inside the door.

Click here to see my latest project! . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Click on the banner above to see my photo gallery.
Red Riley
Admin

View user profile http://smartgraphicmedia.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RobBFG on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 am

In that case my kit won't work on a MkIII either then. It works by linking a pivoted lever from the motor at the bottom of the door to the link from the locking lever.
RobBFG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re central locking

Post  elfsave on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I have ext hinged Hornet and looked into fitting a central locking system based on an alarm and actuating units from maplin which would have to mount in the rear side storage buckets.the gear was about £100 and I started rebuilding my engine and It went on the backburner.There is still alot of R and D to make It work but I intend to have a bash because I have run mine with independant locks and It's a pain.

elfsave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top